IM Mallorca 70.3

Home Forums Races IM Mallorca 70.3

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lorraine Baker 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lorraine Baker
    Participant

Hi There,

Is anyone heading out to Mallorca this week to race the 70.3 ? My husband and I will be racing there for the first time and it will be our first race after switching to the brilliant Trisutto coach Michelle Barnes back in February 🙂

We’ve had a lot of changes since Feb, including a new bike fit with Jo Spindler to test out so we’re reaching out into the unknown at the moment, very exciting.

I have a question for any one who has raced in Alcudia/Mallorca before – we need to find a local swimming pool for our pre-race swim as we’re not allowed in the sea before the race 😀 Any recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks !
    Lorraine

John Burroughs
    Participant

Hi Lorraine, We just returned for Alcudia and found swimming at Viva Blue easy. I suggest contacting the resort and make a reservation for a swim lane. I believe the cost was $5.00 each/EUR0. Great pool and nice to be outside. (Canadian here so we don’t have that option). I rode a portion of the 70.3 bike course. It’s pretty awesome and the climbing is fun (Cole de Femenia).

Hopefully you can hug the shore line and swim the ocean. Have fun and be safe!

John Canmore/Banff,Canada

Lorraine Baker
    Participant

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. We managed to find a local pool within walking distance of the hotel, although it was indoors so a bit warm!

Thanks
    Lorraine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.