Ironman Australia 2016

Home Forums Races Ironman Australia 2016

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Julia 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Julia
    Participant

Are there any Trisutto athletes racing Ironman or 70.3 Port Macquarie this weekend?

I already feel a part of Team Trisutto but don’t start training with Coach Cam Watt until after Ironman Australia.

I have been thrown a couple of mini disasters in the past 2-3 weeks. Bike mechanical dramas and an acute minor illness (tonsillitis and a chest infection). My illness affected my taper and I did zero training for 9 days. I’ve been on two oral antibiotics and have felt so weak, fatigued and ‘spaced out’. I need to trust that I had already done all the work before I became sick and that the muscles will have sufficient memory to get me through the race on Sunday. It did enter my mind that I would be a ‘did not start’ which obviously I would have been gutted about, but you have to put your health first. I’m feeling heaps better now and I’m confident I’ll be fit to race and have a great day still. I have dropped any and all expectations I had about the race, which isn’t all that bad. Instead of having outcome-focused goals (with various split times in my head that I wanted to achieve) I will now have process goals instead. I haven’t raced in years so I’m viewing this as race practice.

My bib number # 769

Susie Langley
    Keymaster

Hi Julia,
    I am not aware of any other Trisutto athletes racing in Port Mac this year, but we will be following online!

All the best on the weekend. Hopefully you are back feeling 100% for Sunday and enjoy the day.

Not to be weighed down by any expectations is always a good thing! 😉

Cheers,
    Susie

Julia
    Participant

Hi Susie

Thank you so much!

I have improved heaps these past few days and definitely am feeling fit to race. I wouldn’t have lost much lean muscle mass and strength by not training for 9 days would I? I’m a little concerned my strength/power/speed won’t be where it was before I become unwell. My light training sessions this week have gone well so I’m happy.

I know I’ll have fun on race day because I will make sure I do!

Julia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.