Kick drills and The Brick kick board by Fike

Home Forums Equipment Kick drills and The Brick kick board by Fike

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Susie Langley Susie Langley 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kat
    Kat
    Participant

Good morning 😊

I wondered if there was any benefit to adding kick drills to an age grouper’s repertoire, particularly using The Brick kickboard by Fike?

The Brick is a weighted kickboard that encourages better positioning in the water – like a pool buoy I suppose – but the marketing bumpf also says that The Brick provides a total body workout and helps strengthen the core, so from that point of view would it be a beneficial tool to improve my overall strength for swim, bike and run?

I’m keen to hear what you think 😊

Thanks in advance.

Kat

Profile photo of Susie Langley
    Susie Langley
    Keymaster

Hi Kat,
    The only time I would typically include kicking drills would be as a form of recovery after a big run day.
    Very light kicking to loosen the legs only (e.g. 6 x 25 light kick at the start of a workout)

To improve strength I would recommend using pool buoy and paddles in the pool. And lots of it. Specific strength work.

Cheers,
    Susie

Profile photo of Kat
    Kat
    Participant

Hi Susie 😀

Thank you so much for your reply.

I am a big fan of using paddles and pool buoy and have been using them for the past six months during every swim session, so I will continue with what works 😊👍

I sort of knew what the response would be but was interested to hear what the trisutto coaches thoughts were, so thanks again 😊

Kat

Profile photo of Susie Langley
    Susie Langley
    Keymaster

No probs Kat.
    Enjoy your training 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.