Marathon in 6 weeks after 70.3 "A" race?

Home Forums Coaching General Coaching Marathon in 6 weeks after 70.3 "A" race?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Cristian 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Cristian
    Participant

Hello again everyone!

First of all let me thank trisutto for the 70.3 plan which i used this year to complete my first two half-ironman races (a very sucky race in StPolten – which I now have proof was due to the weather) and a very beautiful race in Cascais ,Portugal last Sunday.

My ‘official’ season is now over and I am looking for some things to do before the planned Cyprus Camp. For next year I am sure that I will remain at the 70.3 distance (not move up to the full) but would like to go under the current 6 hours (would like to do 5h30).

In preparing for the half ironman i observed that my olympic times got much faster and it was easier to run the 10k. That’s why i was thinking to try a full marathon this autumn, to have me dealing with a much harder run than i will face next year still at 70.3

Do you think that I can / should try to use the next 6 weeks to attempt a full marathon? I imagine i should be able to finish it (having already done 6 hours efforts). Would like to do something like 4h30 (my half marathon PB is 2h)

PS: as you can see i really suck at running (not that i am much better at the other disciplines, but i do comparatively better in the overall standings:) ) and that’s why i’d like to focus a bit on it during the off season.

Cristian
    Participant

I realised i didnt correctly (completely) explain the question 🙂
    The actual option is between trying to do the full distance (my first marathon) or remaining at the half marathon distance and training to get a better time (hopefully it will slowly transition into a better run time in the 70.3 next year)

(I was not able to find the ‘edit’ button for the previous post)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.