Option for another Olympic plan

Home Forums Training Plans Option for another Olympic plan

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

David
    Participant

Hi, I have your Sprint and Olympic plans. I have to admit that the Olympic plan with 12 hours per week is challenging for me. I need to skip the optional second workout frequently. When I do so I am worried I am missing on some important aspects of the plan.

Are you planning on creating a “non-advanced” Olympic plan with let’s say 8 hours per week (for 12 weeks)?

Thank you,
    David.

Robbie Haywood
    Keymaster

Hi David

We are planning for a non-advanced plan later this year. At the moment, I suggest that there are three things you can consider that will help.

Try to keep a balance of swim, bike and run. Don’t avoid the swim as it is more tricky to get to the pool, or is not your favourite workout. Yes we have to have fun too, but try to keep a balance across the three activities.

Aim to do more brick workouts. After the bike workouts, do a short 15 – 20 minute run instead of the cool down on the bike. This won’t add time to your workout (maybe 10 minutes), but is very time efficient, keeps your run training, helps with teaching your body to run off the bike. These runs can be easy pace.

Similarly for the swim, you can shorten the swim slightly and do a short run after the swim, as a swim run brick.

Don’t worry about missing a key item. Focus on what you can do, with your resources, knowing consistency and a little and often is very effective. The deposits you are making each day into your ‘triathlon bank account’, are like a savings plan, that you can then draw out on race day 🙂

Hope that helps.
    Robbie

David
    Participant

Thank you Robbie for the response. It helps. I am always trying to finish the first workout of the day (skipping mostly the second optional one). I am looking forward to the new plan. I will purchase it for my next year training. Thanks.

Best regards,
    David.

David
    Participant

Anything new regarding the non-advanced Olympic training plan?

Thanks,
    David.

David
    Participant

Hi Robbie, sorry for pinging you again. Is there anything new regarding this? Do you still plan on having such a plan available? I am right now doing Sprint plan as a preparation for my main training which I hoped would be the simplified Olympic plan.

Thanks,
    David.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.