Running cadence

Home Forums Coaching Run Running cadence

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mat O’Halloran 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Stefano La Cara
    Participant

Hi there!
    I’m a new one into trisutto and I’m excited for all your discussions…
    i read everything you said about bike cadence but nothing about running cadence for IM and 70.3
    I don’t think the 180 is good for all in all circumstances but but it would be great to read your advices

thanks

Stefano (Rome, Italy)

Mat O’Halloran
    Participant

Ciao Stefano – a major objective when focusing on your SPM while running, is to progress it as you go through your run workouts. Any type of run, easy, tempo, hills, long, ect.

Trying to maintain a certain SPM from the get go, can be challenging and over whelming for most age groupers. So starting at a lower rate, then increasing it, you will be able to get the most out of yourself. All the while touching on a range of SPM’s and being able to find suitable range.

In my experience, of observing SPM data on Garmin Connect almost daily, is that tall athletes naturally have a lower SPM and shorter athletes naturally have a higher SPM. It only makes sense. So knowing yourself, then working with what you have, will be key to finding an optimal range!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.