Where can I stay?

Home Forums Camps St Moritz Camps Where can I stay?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robbie Haywood 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Robbie Haywood
    Keymaster

Athletes make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.

The two best value hotels close to the pool (400m and 200m walk) respectively are The Sonne Hotel and Laudinella Hotel They are also within 400m walk to the grocery stores (COOP and Denner).
    Both include buffet breakfast, and have good restaurants, but Laudinella is slightly closer to Ovaverva. Laudinella also includes a pass for unlimited swimming pool entry (athlete pool entry is 60 CHF for 6 days).

Some athletes stay at the YHA, and they say it is very very good – they get to meet runners and cyclists who are basing themselves in St Moritz for summer training blocks. The German federation triathletes stayed there last summer. Is one option for reducing costs.

For apartments we recommend the usual online booking sites.

Zurich and Milan are close airports. The train from Zurich airport is approximately 3 hours. There is one change at Zurich central, and one change at Chur. It is a convenient and pleasant journey. The train station in St Moritz is about 1.5 km / 1 mile from the hotels above.

Once in St Moritz you shouldn’t need a car. Only if you prefer to drive to St Moritz rather than take the train.

Glenda
    Participant

I have also found that Hotel Laudinella provide a free pick up from the station if you email them and request this.

Sandrine Benz
    Participant

Hi!
    If someone’s looking for a good sleeping spot for an unbeatable prize very close to the pool and track, I would have 1 spot to offer between July 30t and August 6th.
    If you’re interested to share a nice 1-room-apartment with me (very modern and clean), please contact me. Thanks!

Robbie Haywood
    Keymaster

Super thanks Glenda, excellent 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.