Vernon Training Camp – 19th to 21st May, 2018.
Kick start your spring training with a 3 day camp run by Coach Michelle Barnes.
Join Trisutto.com Canada Coach, Michelle Barnes for individual swim, ride and run coaching in Vernon, British Columbia. During the camp you will receive advice during workouts on your swim, bike and run technique, with opportunities to ask questions throughout.
The camp will feature rides and runs through the beautiful surrounds of Vernon, perfect for North American athletes starting their triathlon season.
- Long ride through the stunning Okanagon Valley
- Open water swims in the crystal blue waters of Kalamalka & Okanagan Lake
- Run sessions on the brand new track in town and a long run along the lake.
Location and Accommodation
All training will be conducted around Vernon Aquatic Centre, making use of their excellent facilities and beautiful location.
It is recommended that you book accommodation close to the pool, with a variety of options available.
During the camp you will get individual advice on swim, bike and run, while applying the Trisutto.com training methods to improve your performance. No two camps are the same but a typical camp will include three sessions a day.
Aspects that are covered during the camp are:
- Training philosophy– learn Trisutto.com principles of periodisation, the training mix, psychology + physiology, athlete development and the use of races within these considerations.
- Swim training– techniques for the individual athlete, use of swim tools, stroke correction.
- Bike training– positioning, technique for the individual athlete, bicycle and component selection, skills, tools.
- Run training– technique for the individual athlete, shoe choice, use of run tools (hills, track, treadmill, road).
- Triathlon– integration of swim, bike and run into the one training approach.
- Stretching– massage, warm up and warm downs.
- Injuries – prevention, treatment, athlete mentality and training around or through them.
- Race execution– strategy for the individual athlete and season goals.
- All swim, bike and run coaching
- Pre-camp questionnaire
- Unlimited access coaches on camp.
For more information about the camps, travel and the accommodation please click here, or contact Michelle Barnes.
Before joining our camp please download our Accident & Liability Waiver.